What makes an ideal Surrogate?
One of the most important characteristics of a Surrogate is the genuine desire to help others. Our surrogates must be responsible and mature as we need to rely on you to make doctor appointments, take medication as instructed, understand and accept the risks of pregnancy: both mental and emotional. You will be undergoing one of the most amazing journeys and helping another couple achieve their dreams!
Throughout the entire process, our team, the parents medical team and the intended parents will be here to support you.
We can't wait to be a part of it!
Requirements to be a surrogate:
- Be a citizen of the US
- Be between the ages of 21-40
- Had a healthy pregnancy and delivered full term without complications
- Be both physically and mentally healthy
- Must obtain from drugs, alcohol, smoking (as well as second hand smoke) throughout the medical process and pregnancy
- Have a healthy BMI (under 33)
- Able to take injectable medications over the course of several months
- Not be on Government Assistance
- Able to pass a background check
- Valid Drivers License with reliable transportation for appointments
If you have a spouse/partner, it is also crucial that you have their full support before proceeding with the application. We will also need their participation in the medical and psychological screening.